Thursday, November 5, 2009

The darkness of hopelessness grows

I see a lot of people rushing to their jobs/businesses early in the morning when I am rushing for mine. Half asleep, all dressed up holding a flask filled with hot tea or milk, making ways, finding shortcuts I reach my workplace every morning just to sign in before 9:10 because otherwise I will be marked late. Which I believe is not a good thing as per my management. I am sure most of you would agree with him. At times I do too.

Today I got late by one minute, although it’s not as bigger a sin as it would look like in my appraisal form after a year. But I still can live with it since I can always get away with the passport of “Creative People”. I had always drifted my life the way I wanted. So why shall I bother now when someone whom I don’t think the most genius person in this world is trying to impose certain rules upon me. Here I might look like a no fuss no muss kind of a person who doesn’t give shit about what rules are, or in other words as they say “rules are made to be broken” type of ideology. But when I think about it, including me and almost all the other people in my workplace as well as other workplaces which practices such idiotic rules, people do come on time, just to save their salaries. Who comes to work on time with this mindset that they are being paid for this time, and it’s their moral responsibility to be there on time. Now all of the sudden I might be sounding all different. You must be thinking this person is really fucked up in his head. I am probably. May be because I think a lot about these little matters, but I am kind of a person who interpolates bigger things from small actions. I might be wrong or too judgmental but that’s the way it is.

I am not one of the best writers so I have probably yet failed to draw your attention to the actual issue as yet. But that’s ok. Life is like that, we usually do not draw our attentions towards the actual issues until it’s too late. However we have gotten used to this process but is it really the way to be? Anyway, long story short, the reason of bringing myself to writing this was basically the whines and cribbing of people nowadays at the traffic hazards due to a lot of check posts in the city. Although I have never found these people out of issues to whine about, but this time around I found it quite ridiculous.

A couple of days ago, a suicide bomber came to stop at a check post right after getting off motorway and was entering the city. 3 policemen had to give their lives to stop this dude to enter the city and do some major destruction. When I am waiting in the queue of these check posts I am scared to shit that what if one of these cars around me has explosives, and upon the checking what if the car next to me explodes, I will be dead. Then just think about those who are checking not less than a hundred thousand cars everyday. They are standing right at the mouth of death. But what we do, we do no cooperate with them in the first place, and then later whine that due to them we are getting late for work. These policemen have nothing to do with these terrorists other than that they are trying to save our asses to be burned after their own.

It’s a small thing, and yes I am no one to interpret a failure of a nation from this, and I am not hopeless. But yeah the dark cloud is growing bigger and bigger everyday. Our insensitive nation which is so called very emotional is not worried about this at the moment. They are too busy finding flaws in the government. They are too busy cribbing. They are too busy finding materials against the government. But they will, they will one day. I won’t say that day is close. Because it is not, the way I see it, it will at least take two more generations to bring upon a substantial change in the human behaviors of this nation. It cannot come over night. It’s not possible. So I won’t be unfair in demanding all that NOW.

Now I can’t just get into the ways of finding solutions to this problem because there are many but ironically no one is willing to change, because we always believe that we are perfect and it’s only the rest who have problems.

It is my appeal or request or whatever you want to think about it, that please do cooperate with these people. They are risking their lives to save ours. I think the wait is worth it.

No comments: